So a couple of days back, I got engaged to a wonderful and beautiful woman on a rooftop overlooking New York City at sunset. It was wonderfully romantic and a mouthful to even type, though it seems I write it bluntly. Regardless, there’s no way I’d pay $80 for a web template for a wedding website (of course we’ll have one) when I know I can design better – wedding brand package methinks… The search for inspiration always puts some interesting links across my laptop, here are some of the more interesting ones.
Lastly, L’s cancer surgery is done and treatment begins soon. If anyone can pass on some interesting links, books, etc. regarding radiation treatment and breast cancer, please feel free to do so in this post. Whatever the future holds, I’m a believer in the power of positive thinking, as well as cracking dirty Borat jokes in the wing of a cancer waiting-room. I have felt few greater joys than to put a smile to a cancer-fighter’s face. Thanks for the love and support you’ve sent my way and hers, it has propelled us both more than one can say.
Off to the list:
- May 1st was a CSS Reboot and in line with that, I’ve setup a new template for the blog. Redoable. Is niiiiice. Some may say it’s kinda half-assing it, I’d say it’s a damn-fine alternative when you are as busy as I’ve been. ‘Nuff said.
- If you’re a designer and need to print a list/book of all of your installed fonts, here’s a useful AppleScript to do so c/o MacOSXhints.com
- Alex King has been part of the creation of a new site entitled “All Things Digital” published by writers at the Wall Street Journal – most notably Walt Mossberg. It’s nice to see such a great name both blogging and on the WordPress platform. Kudos to Alex for some nice work as well…
- 37Signals, the contrarian beacons that they are, recently put up an interesting post on how a viral campaign should be run. It makes me seriously want to check out a Trent Reznor /NIN show.
- Who doesn’t love interesting figure sketching videos?
- Who doesn’t love interesting sketching videos being taught with Star Wars?
- A kickass laser-cut wooden plywood frame
- And if you ever wanted to to have that sinking feeling, Viable of London has created the Titanic desk lamp (see pic above)
- Lastly, it nice to see that even South Park can get a punch in on the Mac vs PC war. Found via One Digital Life.